For Puget Sound Energy Customers – Electric Forced-Air Furnace to Air-Source Heat Pump Conversion Rebate
Are you a customer of Puget Sound Electric (PSE)? If so, you’re in luck!
Seize these exceptional rebates available for new qualified heating and cooling units:
- Zonal electric resistance to ductless heat pump conversion: $800
- Electric forced-air furnace to ductless heat pump conversion: $800
- Electric forced-air furnace to air-source heat pump conversion: $1,500
- Zonal electric resistance to ductless heat pump conversion with Efficiency Boost: $2,400*
- Electric forced-air furnace to heat pump conversion with Efficiency Boost: $2,400*
- Electric forced-air furnace to cold climate heat pump: $4,000
Do I Qualify?
- You must be a current PSE single-family residential electric customer. New construction and multi-family or commercial accounts are not eligible.
- Your main and existing heating system must be an electric forced-air furnace.
- Natural gas furnace or boiler users are not eligible.
- Existing heat pump owners or those who’ve installed new heat pumps for AC only are not eligible.
*Unsure about your primary heating system? Consult one of our Energy Advisors.
- Your new traditional unitary heat pump must be AHRI Certified®.
- Heat pump must have a minimum HSPF of 8.5, or HSPF2 of at least 7.5. Eligibility will be determined using the HSPF rating.
- All installations must adhere to federal, state, and local code requirements.
Special Requirements for Ducted Cold Climate Heat Pump
- Your new system must be AHRI Certified® and ENERGY STAR® Cold Climate certified.
- Compliance with all federal, state, and local codes is mandatory.
- Ductless heat pumps are not eligible for this incentive.
- Only applicable for systems installed between June 19, 2023, and Dec. 31, 2023.
- Submit an electronic copy of your paid installation invoice and purchase receipt, which must include installation date, address, brand, model numbers of all equipment, and the amount paid.
- Rebate applications must be submitted within 30 days of equipment purchase.
- Only new, qualifying equipment is eligible for rebates.
- Replacements under warranty are not eligible for a second rebate.
- One rebate per qualified single-family residence.
- Rebate amount cannot exceed the pre-tax purchase price of the rebated product.